The Stuff Project is intended to explore the lives of humans and objects.

An ongoing attempt to facilitate material movement; 
to find new use for the use-less; 
to dispel the nostalgia that gives power to possessions. 

Upcoming performance at Co-Lab in Austin, Texas.
Wednesday, November 18th from 9-10PM.
Part of the
2009 East Austin Studio Tour.

The Stuff Project. Established February, 2008.
More info: stephaniebonham.blogspot.com 

Tuesday

Day 6, No. 37-42


Sewing Machine, Purse, Belt, Peacock, Headband, Heart-Shaped Box


37. Sewing Machine. I got this tiny sewing machine with a gift card that I had for Hobby Lobby. I never really use it because I have a real life-sized sewing machine. I can't remember who I gave this to and there isn't much else to tell.

38. Purse. I gave this purse to Amy who is a programming manager at KVRX. I had this stuff with me while there were some people meeting up in the music library and she seemed to really like it. I did this drawing while Art, Paul and I were driving out to the country to play a show for Alex Dupree's going away party. We felt like we were outcasts most of the time we were there because a lot of his friends are religious and we were sitting around smoking cigarettes and drinking whiskey. I bought the purse at Savers and drew on it with paint pens.

39. Belt. This belt used to belong to my mom or one of her sisters. I was about to give it away to someone but backed out at the last minute due to sentimental reasons. It has a Smurf on the belt buckle. The belt is for kids so I've only ever worn it around my waist.

40. Peacock. I bought this peacock from an antique mall near my apartment. I used it originally for a photobooth strip and it has been sitting on my dashboard for a long time. I think it was originally more pink in color but it has been bleached by the sun. I gave this to the boy at the coffee stand and he attached it to the banana rack.

41. Headband. I gave this to Cody, the other programming manager at KVRX. He wears headbands sometimes and I have seen him wearing this one since. Art gave this to me. It was part of his halloween costume when he was a character from a movie that I haven't seen.

42. Heart-Shaped Box. I gave this to someone else at the radio station but I didn't know him very well. He said it was exactly what he wanted! I got it from a $1 bin at Target once. I also once used it in a self-portrait that I put on the internet around Valentine's day. I have another one that I keep small things in. I used to keep foreign currency in the other one but I combined some of the items.

No comments: