The Stuff Project is intended to explore the lives of humans and objects.

An ongoing attempt to facilitate material movement; 
to find new use for the use-less; 
to dispel the nostalgia that gives power to possessions. 

Upcoming performance at Co-Lab in Austin, Texas.
Wednesday, November 18th from 9-10PM.
Part of the
2009 East Austin Studio Tour.

The Stuff Project. Established February, 2008.
More info: stephaniebonham.blogspot.com 

Tuesday

Day 5, No. 30-36


Christmas Tree, Antennae, Paint, Doll, Teddy Bear, Throat Spray, Wall Hanging


30. Christmas Tree. I bought this christmas tree impulsively from the CVS near my house. I hooked it onto the closet door outside my bedroom for my cat, Mr. Universe, to play with. I can't remember who I gave this, too, but I remember being surprised they took it. CVS always has the most absurd seasonal gifts.

31. Antennae. I believe I bought these at Terra Toys for one of my first few shows with The Narrow Escapes. It was the show when Art was an indian and Paul was a cowboy but neither of them bothered to tell me they were doing cowboys & indians costumes. Nobody really wanted these so I left them at Michael's house for his kitten to play with.

32. Paint. I gave this to the coffee boy. I couldn't give this away Thursday and saved it for Friday. He seemed genuinely excited about the paint, which I thought was nice. It's not a color that would inspire me to paint more, but it kind of seemed that way for him. I wonder what he will paint. I'm not sure why I bought it but I used it for a cardboard sculpture

33. Doll. This doll was a gift from my dad and came with another, larger doll. They were made by a lady that worked at the West 6th Street Artists' Market, which he managed for a while. Each is individually made and seem highly influenced by The Nightmare Before Christmas. I used to keep these in my living room, but they creeped out my roommate a bit so I put them on a shelf in my room. I tried selling these on Craigslist for a while last year since they are so intricately made, but ended up giving the small one to Mark from my sculpture class.

34. Teddy Bear. I tried to give this teddy bear to Tim, but he left it at the radio station because he thought it wasn't a personal gift since it is part of the stuff project. I think I got this bear from my parents about a month ago when Art and I were planning a sculpture made of stuffed animals. We never finished the project and I ended up giving most of the left over toys to Art.

35. Throat Spray. When I was seeing Tim last summer I got a sore throat and cough from him. It seems like I always get sick if I start seeing someone new. TJ let me borrow this throat spray that she got from France - I think TJ might think the spray is extra-strong because it's foreign, but I disagree. I tricked Tim in to using it first and it tasted really horrible. I gave this back to TJ because it's been sitting on my night stand for a very long time.

36. Wall Hanging. I got this from a thrift store when I was preoccupied with decorating my apartment a year or two ago and ended up getting quite a bit of owl decor. I am a big fan of needlepoint. I didn't really want to give away this piece so I put on the wall outside my office at the radio station, that way the separation process will be gradual and I never really have to say goodbye. I should probably give it to my friend Selina because she likes owls a lot, I have another owl wall hanging that I can give her for her birthday later this month.

No comments: