The Stuff Project is intended to explore the lives of humans and objects.

An ongoing attempt to facilitate material movement; 
to find new use for the use-less; 
to dispel the nostalgia that gives power to possessions. 

Upcoming performance at Co-Lab in Austin, Texas.
Wednesday, November 18th from 9-10PM.
Part of the
2009 East Austin Studio Tour.

The Stuff Project. Established February, 2008.
More info: stephaniebonham.blogspot.com 

Thursday

Day 4, No. 23-29


Metronome, Throat Spray, DVD, Headware, Badge, Paint, Unicorn Book


23. Metronome. I believe I got this metronome from my uncle or aunt. My aunt, Brenda, and uncle, Beau, have long been the hip aunt and uncle on my mom's side. When I was in high school they taught me to play U2 and Cranberries songs on acoustic guitar. I've never had much use for a metronome, though it does kind of freak out my cat. I gave this to Lace.

24. Throat Spray. I wanted to give this back to TJ but I didn't see her today.

25. DVD. I have so many of these DVDs. Michael and I got some from Leonard Knight when we visited him at Salvation Mountain. I sent Leonard a letter and some photos once we got back to Texas, I even sent him an envelope with return postage, and in response I got another box full of DVDs. He wants us to spread the word of his mountain, especially to old people, and I have been failing in that respect. I gave this to the coffee cart boy, Ryan. I think it might've been for Sweet Leaf Tea because that's what I've been getting, mostly. He did run out for a week, which was pretty rough.

26. Headware. I did not give these away today but I took them to Mike Smith's class with the idea of using them in our Sears class portrait. I ended up using my bear hat instead.

27. Badge. I got this badge from a thrift store up the road from my apartment. I went there with Art and someone else after eating at Taqueria Arandas. Along with this purchase I bought a Cardigans CD and an electronic Mozart album. Lace took this item, also.

28. Paint. I did not give this away today, either.

29. Unicorn Book. I must've got this from Barnes and Noble with a gift card or something. Samantha and I were really into unicorns for a while. I'm mostly over it, I guess, because this seems like a bit of a novelty item now. I think Lace might have taken this piece, also.

No comments: