The Stuff Project is intended to explore the lives of humans and objects.

An ongoing attempt to facilitate material movement; 
to find new use for the use-less; 
to dispel the nostalgia that gives power to possessions. 

Upcoming performance at Co-Lab in Austin, Texas.
Wednesday, November 18th from 9-10PM.
Part of the
2009 East Austin Studio Tour.

The Stuff Project. Established February, 2008.
More info: stephaniebonham.blogspot.com 

Tuesday

Day 2, No. 8-14


Nail Buffer, Photo Corners, Snowman Snowglobe, Ceramic Figurine, Alarm Clock, Hat, Oil Pump


8. Nail Buffer. This nail buffer probably belonged to my mother. It has four sides with varying grains for different nail buffing techniques. It is mostly used for buffing the ridges of your nails, which is kind of strange. Brian took it and seemed pretty excited.

9. Photo Corners. These were probably taken from my mom, also. She was really into scrap-booking for a while, but I don't think she does it anymore. I used these and her crazy scissors for a "senior scrapbook" project I had to do in high school. Lilian almost took these, but she was disappointed that they weren't white and old fashioned. I ended up giving them to Luke later in the day.

10. Snowman Snowglobe. I got this snowglobe from Savers as a Christmas gift for Samantha who collects snowglobes. I gave it to her a while ago, but she forgot it at my house. She never remembered it and it was a pretty shitty snowglobe anyway, so I thought I'd give it away. This is the only object that no one took today, so maybe I will try to give it Samantha again later.

11. Ceramic Figurine. This handsome figurine depicts a baby squirting mayonnaise on to a hamburger. The baby is either very small or the hamburger is very large. I got this from a dollar store in a section with babies on lots of other foods. I used it for a video project once, but it was kind of dumb. I gave this to Ryan at the coffee cart who put it in the display case with the pastries. He traded me for a rice treat.

12. Alarm Clock. I bought this wind-up alarm clock from Target. I remember getting it the summer that Michael and I broke up because my other one didn't go off some times and I was getting in trouble at work. I didn't use it for very long because it makes a loud ticking sound, which makes it difficult to sleep. I kept it on my bedside for a long time, but never wound it up. I don't know who took the alarm clock.

13. Hat. Paul gave me this hat for Christmas. I guess I should feel bad giving it away, but I think it was a novelty gift. He gave it to me after he got back from London so I thought it was a fancy English hat at first but he told me it was from Savers. TJ almost took this hat but she decided she wouldn't wear it. I gave it to Matt who said he collects hats.

14. Oil Pump. My parents gave me this in my stocking last Christmas. You can put cooking oil in it and pump it to spray on your food or cookware. It's neat because you can re-use it and you can put olive oil in it, which is better than Pam. I usually just pour olive oil into the pan because I'm not very picky. I never used this for spraying oil, but I did put water in it to spray my cat when he claws my favorite chair. It didn't spray very far, though, so I didn't use it very much. I gave this to Kayla, who sounded like she was actually going to use it for cooking oil.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

i can't believe you were going to get rid of my snow globe!!! i did forget it, but it was never forgotten! like my moleskine. i'm happier now that i have the snowglobe and the moleskine back. and it isn't a shitty snowglobe! now snowglobe can be a shitty snowglobe. it's like the first rule of collecting snowglobes. thanks for the (non)shitty snowglobe!