The Stuff Project is intended to explore the lives of humans and objects.

An ongoing attempt to facilitate material movement; 
to find new use for the use-less; 
to dispel the nostalgia that gives power to possessions. 

Upcoming performance at Co-Lab in Austin, Texas.
Wednesday, November 18th from 9-10PM.
Part of the
2009 East Austin Studio Tour.

The Stuff Project. Established February, 2008.
More info: stephaniebonham.blogspot.com 

Monday

Day 1, No. 1-7


Gloves, Back-scratcher, Frame, Sunglasses, Tambourine, Wood-burning Tool, Toy Gun


1. Gloves. I think these gardening gloves belonged to my mom. I am not sure how I acquired them, but I used them in my 3-D foundations class when I would cut chicken-wire. I gave these to someone in my drawing class.

2. Back-scratcher. I found this back-scratcher at the flea market on highway 290. I went with Art. It was an extremely fwindy day and I remember it being unusually cold. I bought two of these back-scratchers because they make hilarious noise when you flip them upside down. I though I could play at a Narrow Escapes show but they ended up being too quiet to mic. I also bought a pair of yellow gloves and we both got some flashing LED pins. Mine was a dolphin and Art's was shaped like lips. We shared a funnel cake and some popcorn. In the center of the flea market there was a band playing and people dancing. I think we would've stayed longer if it hadn't been so cold. Someone in my drawing class took the back-scratcher and found its sound very amusing.

3. Frame. I think I stole this frame from a craft store when I used to shoplift. Maybe at the same time that I stole the wood-burning tool. I don't know why I got this frame. Ben took it and he was thinking of painting it yellow and blue. He said he likes feminine house decorations, but I don't think yellow and blue are very feminine. Whatever, I hope he likes it.

4. Sunglasses. I found these in the parking lot of my apartment. I think they were on the ground. Natalie always makes fun of me for bringing things in from the garbage, but these are pretty sweet glasses. I wore them in one of my favorite photobooth strips. Once I wore these sunglasses over my regular glasses while driving on the highway. It wasn't very safe, but I bet it looked really cool. I gave these to Courtney; she said she likes bats a lot, which I think is neat.

5. Tambourine. I never really liked this tambourine. Once I accidentally took Heather's big tambourine and it was really nice to play with. She eventually made me give it back. I think maybe she gave me this tambourine in exchange... I'm not sure who it came from, but I think a lot of people got them from a Hedwig and the Angry Inch sing-a-long at Alamo Drafthouse. I gave this to TJ.

6. Wood-burning Tool. I think I stole this from a craft store (see above). The only time I remember using this was when I was painting something as a gift for Kevin and I burned the word "happy" on the back. I was going to write "Happy Birthday" but I decided to leave it at that. I feel like there might have been alternate tips for this tool, but I couldn't find them. I don't remember who I gave this to.

7. Toy Gun. I bought this from the grocery store in October of 2006. I used it for a photobooth strip where I shot myself in the head. It didn't look as realistic as I would've liked, despite my attempt at making fake blood with corn syrup. I also took this gun to a costume party once. I think the theme was "space cowboy" or something. This is the first object that I slightly regret giving away. I don't remember who I gave it to.

No comments: